How does FCCLA Help You? (650 STAR Event Participants surveyed)
70 % said - FCCLA helps me be more confident
61% said - FCCLA helps me to try new skills to help in future careers
73% said - FCCLA helps me to know how to better talk to people I do not know
59% said - I am more goal oriented because of my FCCLA experienceFamily Career Community Leaders of AmericaorFCCLA
FCCLA is a dynamic and effective student organization that helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work and societal issues.
“True leadership is the art of changing a group from what it is into what it ought to be” – Virginia Allan
Leadership enables individuals and groups to make a difference in areas that matter to them. FCCLA helps members become leaders in their families, careers, and communities.
· Families need people who can set goals, make decisions, manage resources and make choices that reflect their personal priorities.
· Success in careers requires integrity, persistence and teamwork.
· Communities need citizens and leaders who can express their concerns, make plans and take action to make a difference.
Through FCCLA involvement, students observe, learn, test, practice, and refine leadership skills. FCCLA leadership development opportunities include:
· Participating in chapter meetings and group decision making
· Participating in FCCLA programs at the local, regional, state and national levels
· Creating individual, team and chapter activities and projects
· Addressing issues through peer education
· Collaborating with others in the school and community
For more information please contact Mrs. Rochelle Gathje at Rochellegathje@lanesboroschools.com