In 1988 the Lanesboro School district was the first in the state of Minnesota to offer daycare within the school system. This program is offered for all resident of the district. We are licensed to care for up to 60 children in our facility.
Highlights of our the Lanesboro Child Care Center (LCCC)
- New and bigger facility space in 2002 with a separate entrance just for day care
- Children ages 6 weeks to 12 years can be accommodated
- Hours from 6:30am to 6:00pm
- Experienced, qualified teachers and support staff
- Hot breakfast and lunch and provided through the Lanesboro Public School meal program plus a healthy afternoon snack at no extra charge to day care participants
- Escorted to and from Preschool classes within the Lanesboro Elementary School
- Fenced in play yard right outside our front entrance
- Planned educational activities and field trips
- Reasonable rates
Day care in the Lanesboro Public School system allows children to be comfortable in a school setting. It also is comforting for parents to know that after school their children can go to a safe, enjoyable setting. With the in-house day care, Lanesboro Public School is promoting the value of family first, developing children who are school ready, and offering convenient facilities for its patrons.
The Lanesboro Child Care Center strives to provide quality care to all of our children. Through age appropriate activities we are able to help your child grow physically, emotionally, and socially. We maintain high standards for all staff and attempt to keep child ratios small to provide for the individualized care each child needs.
We at LCCC believe that children need a warm, safe, colorful environment and varied experiences that place the emphasis on ‘play’. By providing these things, we feel that your child will grow and develop at a pace that is just right for them. We feel that the role of the teacher is to assist the learning process by providing an environment where each child has an opportunity to explore and develop various skills. Our professional staff is responsible for planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for each age level.